Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day!


Febraury 14, 2012 - 14 weeks pregnant :)

I'm must say I was quite surprised when I received a phone call while going through McDonald's drive through (french fry treat for us girls on Vday). It was a florist delivery guy saying he was in my driveway wanting to drop off a flower arrangement. Well obviously I wasn't at home so I just said leave them by the front door we will be there in 5 minutes or so since we were just down the road.

Pulled in the driveway to see this large collection of goodies. By this time my mind was racing on Who could have sent this to us. Obviously I was thinking my amazing husband but I really had no clue when he would have time to do this. I do remember him saying don't look at the bank account to closely before he left KAF. But didn't really put two and two together.

Well such a sweet surprise when I did see it was from him and then the love daddy to the girls. Such a wonderful treat to know that in the last 2 1/2 weeks we have talked a total of 6 minutes and even further in advance he had taken the time to prearrange for us to receive Valentines. Its the little things like this that make me fall in love with him more and more. He knows me all to well that I get bummed when he isn't here for something but he always manages to surprise me and make it special anyway. Very grateful that he takes the time to do little (BIG) things like that.

The biggest bummer not being able to say Thank you right away or how beautiful the flowers are. I haven't tried the chocolate yet. Nevaeh did just ask me to open the red present. Or to be able to tell him that the teddy bears haven't left the girls sides and they even took their nap with them. (Just what they need another teddy bear in their beds at night soon they won't even have room to sleep...the most special presents though are the ones from daddy when he is so far away)

(From Mommy & Daddy)

Also have to give a "shout-out" to (Great) Gma & Gpa Hyet for the Vday cards the girls went straight to their piggy banks with their $2 dollar bills and we will be enjoying Panera Bread very soon. Thank you very much for thinking of us it means the world to us! We love you lots. <3

I am so thankful for such wonderful family and friends. We really do have the best around. So much love and support its so great to know that so many people care and take the time to see how we are doing. I will never be able to fully express my gratitude because it really does mean so much to me. The kind words really do help bring me up and helps me get through the day. It puts a smile on my face and gives me that little bit of extra strength to push through the rest of the day.

Days like today aren't about the gifts or materialistic things. Its simply the kind words you can say to a person to let them know that you care and are thinking about them. Yes the gifts are nice who doesn't enjoy a gift now and again but at least let it be for the right reasons and not because you feel like you have to give something to someone because its a "holiday".

Even though my husband isn't here I am going to enjoy this day with my little ladies. We will think about him while we are eating our chocolates and snuggling up to the teddy bears and looking at the beautiful flowers.

Happy Valentines Day to everyone and just because you are single doesn't mean this day isn't there for you as well. Lots of love to everyone today and every single day.

William Alfred, Thank you for once again surprising the girls and I and making a so-so day a fantastic day. You put smiles on all of our faces and made us miss you even more. We are getting closer to you being home. Love love love you, From your girls +F3 xoxoxo


PS. To see pictures of the girls with their teddy bears check out my Facebook page. *Kenna even has pig tails her hair. Its FINALLY getting long enough to do "some" stuff to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment