Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thank you Nevaeh Faith



Its amazing the insight of a 3 year old can have. We were walking home from the park yesterday all 3 of us we holding hands because we were crossing the street and Nevaeh just randomly looks up at me and say's Mommy "You're a good mom." Then gave my hand 3 kisses. Its crazy how something that simple can have that much of an impact. To be honest this pregnancy and deployment these last couple months if you couldn't already tell have been rough. And I at times question myself as a parent just because I don't feel as though I'm playing with them enough, cooking enough, and giving them enough attention just because this pregnancy has left me sucked of any energy. And it doesn't help that the weather just sucks in general and they both absolutely love to be outside. I do make sure on the days where the weather is warm enough to make sure to get outside. But I think we all have a bit of cabin fever from being in a lot of time. So when I am questioning myself and how well I'm doing it really lifts me up and makes me realize that everything is okay because the 2 little ones that matter most right now are happy and content. And the fact that Nevaeh told me so is really all that really matters.

These moments make me appreciative that I have such an amazing mom and dad. Who have done nothing but support me and my family. They have always been there for the biggest milestones and moments. And really have picked up in the spots where Billy can't be there for. My mom was there holding my hand through the birth of Nevaeh. She would have been there for Makenna's but Makenna had her own plans and decided she much rather greet her grandma when she arrives. :) They have yet to miss a birthday for either girl and have even made it here for I believe the last 2-3 of my birthdays. They are right there skyping along as the girls are opening their Christmas presents. My dad is always calling saying "hey we are flying out to visit these days" or "we really want you guys to come visit here are plane tickets". They don't do it because they feel as though they have to but rather because they want to. And who is really going to pass up a free plane ticket to see the best people ever? And the people that the girls absolutely adore? From the beginning of my life they have always played a large supporting role in my life. And that hasn't changed at all it may be more of a backseat role where they offer the advice when I come to them. They aren't overbearing and don't try to run my life or push what they think is best on any of us. They are just there when we need them. I couldn't be more appreciative for that. They are exactly the type of parent I hope that I am now and the type I hope that I am later in life.

My brother and I are truly lucky to have them as parents. Of course each family has their ups and downs and rough moments. But there has never been a moment of doubt on whether or not if we love each other or would be there for one another. I have seen my fair share of crazy and I'm thankful extremely thankful that I don't have to worry about that. And I'm thankful to know that at anytime I can call them up...they may not answer right away LOL cause lets be real always hit or miss with them answering a phone. ;) But I know they will call back and they will be there to listen and to offer advice on what I should do. There has never been a point where they haven't been a parent or where the roles have reversed. I know that I never have to worry about that and that they will always remain that way. Of course as time goes on they will always be a parent but its nice to know that I can consider them a best friend as well.

And really what more could a daughter or even a son ask for? Caring, loving, supporting, parents who want to be involved in our lives. But aren't overbearing, pushy, or act inappropriately? They have set an amazing example to follow and I'm thankful that I do have positive role models as parents to maybe not take every single example but I can take majority of the things they have taught me and use.

Hopefully one day the girls and yet to be determined, can be able to say the same thing. And I will have the same relationship with them that I have with my parents now. I will say that I was then a successful parent.

Mom and Dad I love you and thank you for all the love and support not just for me but for Billy and the girls as well. We all think the world of you and love all the time we get to spend together may it be in person, by phone, or via Skype.

Less then 3 weeks and we will be on our way to spend some more amazing time together!

And thank you Nevaeh Faith for lifting my spirits and letting me now that I'm doing a good job. It helped me more then words will ever be able to describe and don't worry when you are older and in your teen, I will remind you that once you thought I was a good mom!


1 comment:

  1. You hit it perfectly your dad was always a perfect balance with not having my dad her positive male role model without treating me like a baby when I was a teenager. Your mom the best older cousin one could ask for. Cool always fun to be around put me in my place when I am out of line but never trying to be my momma. Your parents have been a perfect blessing in my life and still are. I see so much of Uncle Chuck in your mom's personality(grandpa lol) and now without having a grandpa for my son he is always giving advice to Nate that he would never hear and understand from me. Though your grandpa has a way of making him hear. I may be partial but these hyet's are some amazing people. Super excited to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete