Monday, February 6, 2012

Good Day


The girls and I had a really good day today. Its so nice in the mornings not having to wake up for anyone but them. They climb into bed with me munch of some type of breakfast food and watch cartoons until about 8am. Nevaeh is usually in the room around 6-630 and most of the time Makenna is still sleeping when we go into the living room and start getting ready for the day. Now if Nevaeh could just figure out how to sleep in a bit longer. So once we were all awake we got ready for the day, no rush but I wanted to get out of the house fairly early so we could make our way to the County Clerk so we could register our new car and get the plates. I am so thankful for some of the military "perks". In Colorado if you purchase a vehicle you can just fill out a simple form and it waives the taxes, can't beat that because it would have been a "pretty penny" if we were to register the car in Michigan. And our fee is even less then what we pay for the saab. So you can't beat that.

I am so thankful that I do have such well behaved girls and I can take them anywhere and not have to worry about them going crazy. Of course I brought Nevaeh's leap pad and the iPad along incase if it was a long wait but it was maybe 7-8 minutes before our number was called. We were out within 15-20 minutes. They shared a chair and quietly sat and played their games while I took care of everything. Its also a relief to be prepared and to have everything you need so there are zero worries and not having to go back later. I always get nervous when I have to do stuff like that alone because lets be honest my luck sucks and I always seem to miss something. And I had been stressing about having to deal with doing this for a while. That was supposed to be SOMEONES job before he left but didn't have a chance. So I had to take care of it. Well I did it and I am definitely proud of myself and now can offer advice if anyone runs into the same issue that I did. But really having the girls act right makes things even easier because I can focus on what needs to be taken care of and know they are just going to sit there. Thank you thank you Nevaeh and Makenna for listening to me so well.

Their reward a trip to the mall! Thats a win, win situation. Go figure as soon as we arrive Nevaeh says she is hungry and wants chicken and fries. Thats my girl! So Chick Fil A it was. Nothing like lunch at 1045/11ish. Then we went to The Children's Place, Nevaeh is growing like crazy as is Makenna but Nevaeh is the one who needs the new clothes since we don't have any for her size. But I can't just buy Nevaeh stuff without buying Makenna things as well. So they both got a few new outfits and Nevaeh just HAD to carry the bag. She was quite persistent on that, but when isn't she? Then, we just sort of wandered around for a little while..I don't have a problem with that its nice to get out of the house.

Then another of Nevaeh's demands was the car was just so dirty so we had to go to the car wash. So now the car is nice and clean. I did have to wake her up because she fell asleep in the car and was like "Oh wow" once she realized we were in the car wash. LOL love her. Makenna dozed on and off obviously not that big of a deal to her. haha

Now I was just told its bath time and as I type this Nevaeh is throwing all the bath toys into the tub and I am the one who just turns the water on. So I guess this is the end of this post because I know if I don't get in there in the next couple minutes, Makenna will take it upon herself to turn the water on and that is never a good idea.

They definitely keep me busy but I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. Makes me think about the time nate was so excited when I left him alone to wash his hands he was so excited when he made a castle with a waterfall. I was so confused went into the bathroom and took all the toilet paper rolls(brand new package)
    He was running the faucet he is so happy "mommy like my castle and it makes waterfalls too"
    he was so excited i wanted to choke him but with the look of happiness I had to smile. Motherhood has its moments but beware of the water.

    ReplyDelete