Saturday, July 9, 2011

Where is the time going?





You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing. What! Is it nothing to be happy? Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long? Never in his life will he be so busy again. ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile, 1762


I am so very thankful that I have two beautiful little girls who spend all day long laughing, playing, and running/crawling without a single care in the world. It's the best feeling knowing that I can give them anything that their little hearts could possibly imagine at such a young age. But at the same time where are the days going? I feel like they are just slipping through my fingers. My babies are turning into little girls. It feels just like yesterday that I found out I was pregnant with Nevaeh and I feel like Makenna should still be this itty bitty baby who just eats and sleeps all day. But the reality is I have one little girl that I am teaching how to use the potty and the other I am guiding her in the direction to walk on her own two little chubby feet. Its such a scary thought, I want them to not grow so fast right now I want them to stay little for a while longer. I don't want these precious moments that I am sharing with them to go. I know that they will still be little for a while but they aren't babies anymore and these last 2 years have flown by at a incredible speed. I would love for it to slow down a little bit. I think thats the reason why I take so many pictures, I love looking back and thinking about the moment the picture took place. What exactly was going on what mood were we in. I can't even tell you how many pictures I have taken in the past 2 years I do know that its well over 10,000. Seriously 10,o00 pictures?? That it 27 years worth of pictures if it was just 1 picture a day. I know a bit crazy but I know there are so many people who would absolutely love to even have a single baby picture. My girls are going to have that and be able to look at almost every single day of their childhood and be able to see a memory. Not to mention the hours of video that I have as well. Thankfully they aren't tired of the camera in their faces [yet].

Then the obvious reason that I take so many pictures as well is because I don't want [daddy] to miss out on a single moment of them growing while he isn't able to be here to share it. So at least he has the pictures and videos to make him feel a little bit closer to the girls. I hope that I am doing a good enough job as I can to make him feel connected. I also try to make sure that the girls see enough pictures and videos of daddy so *hopefully* there wont be that uncomfortable awkward time with the girls trying to figure out who this guy is. I know Nevaeh will be fine but Makenna I'm not really sure. I know she gets super excited whenever we get the opportunity to skype with daddy but she may still be too young to remember..I guess when March rolls around we will find out. Lately, Nevaeh has been having a hard time with him being gone. She gets very emotional and just asks if he can come home or if we can go in the "cool car" and pick him up. Then she goes off on her little tangent about daddy going bye bye on an airplane and he went to go get the naughty boys. So she does understand in her own little way but she just doesn't get why he can't be here either. She's my sensitive girl. And as much as she fights talking with him, he is the first one she will draw a picture for or want to go shopping to get a present. Our nightly routine hasn't changed she still gives 2 kisses and 2 hugs one for daddy and one for mommy, I may just have to pass them along between the two of them but she knows that she is getting one from the both of us. I think deployments really are something else that make kids grow up fast as well. Oh well its our life and I wouldn't trade if for anything.



Another little thing that amazes me is just how smart these two little girls are! First Nevaeh, she can count to 10, she pretty much has all her colors down, and she knows so many different animals its ridiculous, she is slowly learning shapes so far we have circle down pat. Then as far as the alphabet goes she knows a couple letters but its hard to teach them to her when she can't even pronounce them correctly yet. So we've got time to work on that. I am so proud to say my little girl has perfect manners you may need to remind her once in a while but she will say please, thank you, you're welcome, and excuse me. (thank goodness she caught on fast with that, I think manners are one of the most important things you can teach your child).Another thing she is really good with is naming her family members (animals included, obviously). She is also a little artist, she loves to color, paint, build, you name it she does it! She also LOVES to sing and dance. Her current favorite songs are Twinkle Twinkle, 5 little monkeys, Ring Around the Rosie, and then any song that goes with a tv show she likes (diego, pirates, mickey). Then she has the most fun dancing to Britney Spears. (haha dad) Oh yes another favorite Nevaeh activity is jumping it can be either on regular ground or on her trampoline (which she has mastered) that little girl is very active. She can also march pretty good too. Skipping will come later :)


Now little Miss Makenna. She is doing so much as well. Like I said earlier she is starting to walk. She is a little speed demon crawler! She loves to clap her hands. She loves to try and copy her sister. So when Nevaeh is dancing she is right there with her shaking her head and bouncing along. When Nevaeh is singing, Makenna is making her own little noises too. She loves to go in the swimming pool like big sister as well as jump on the trampoline. She has figured out how to go up the steps and does it at a pretty good pace as well. The newest thing as of tonight is giving Maddy a dog treat! She hold it in her hand and Maddy takes it [gently] away from her, we had to do it 5 times before Makenna was satisfied. She loves stealing art supplies from Nevaeh and tries to draw her own pictures she may not be holding the crayon/maker/pen whatever it may be the right way but she gets that she is supposed to put it on the paper. She enjoys talking on the phone and leaving voicemails. She has a favorite game on my phone which is the animal one, where it shows a picture of an animal and it makes that animals sound, she can use her 1 finger and flip through the animals. She gets extremely mad when anyone especially her sister tries to take it away from her. She is very independent and knows what she wants. She really isn't into playing her with her toys that much she much rather explore and get into as many things as possible. Number 1 being the garbage. She has also figured out that when her sister leaves her stool by it she can climb up on it and stand and get a better view of what she can grab. She likes to play with my pots and pans (what little kid doesn't?). Bath time is probably one of the highlights of her day, she loves splashing, standing, and just going crazy in there. She doesn't mind water in her face, its the bubbles that frustrate her and make her scream. As soon as they are gone life is good once again. She is my fearless little girl who loves to follow her big sister. She may be naughty but she absolutely loves to cuddle up in your arms and give kisses. She thinks high fives are hilarious and is getting better each day at giving them. She is a bundle of energy that can't ever sit still. She plays hard and sleeps hard. And she is constantly just like her sister making me laugh and giving me something to smile about.



I definitely got lucky and have two of the most precious little girls. They are so loving and pretty much always happy unless they are getting in trouble. (which lately seems to be quite frequently) Go figure. They are my little sidekicks and we just have so much fun whatever we may be doing. They just know how to brighten up my day. Nevaeh knows the right time to tell me she loves me or give me a random hug and kiss. Makenna just comes up behind me and grabs on. She is getting better at kisses and loves to give them. There is nothing like love and cuddles from my baby girls. No matter how old they get they will always be my little girls and I will forever cherish all the special moments we share together.

No comments:

Post a Comment