Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Birthday Surprise


So for once the mail system has come out on top (I'm sure that wont last very long). But this time it came through in a big way. Billy got his birthday presents today!! When he got on skype he already had his headlamp on, so obviously he likes it a lot. He also had his mystery box unopened. I told him he couldn't open it until I could watch him open it. (I know its before his birthday BUT its something useful that I want him to make the most out of while he is over there)
This was his big surprise birthday present. A pathfinder watch. It has everything on it from a compass, temperature, automatic time adjust, its solar powered. And tons of other features. Oh and it tells time too :). He was very excited about it and started trying to figure it out as soon as he got it on his wrist. He kept looking down at it and pushing buttons while we were talking. I told him I was glad he was there and had time to mess with it versus being here because I know he would drive me nuts (true story he would/will mess with it for hours and if he was here I would hear all about it, like it was my watch) Not that I have any problem with that but he's just the type when he gets something he really likes it becomes his bestfriend. WAF I LOVE YOU!!!! ;) When I talked to him last night he said he was slowly starting to figure it out. And he told me also that he was just talking to one of the other guys about needing a new watch because of some type of new radio thing they have going on. Well SURPRISE baby you got your watch. AND I was able to keep it a secret.

I can't believe he is going to be 27 this year, where has the time gone? Considering the first time we met he was only 22. And you know what really sucks? We have only spent 1 of his birthdays together, but thats the same for my birthday too. But last year was the 1st of his birthdays that we were together. 2008 I was in colorado 2 weeks after, 2009 he was still in Iraq, 2010 we were together, 2011 and he is in Afghanistan. So that just means next year we will really celebrate. 2009 was the only birthday we were together for mine. 2008 he was in Iraq, 2009 together, 2010 he was in Texas doing a funeral, 20ll Afghanistan. I guess thats one of the aspects that really sucks about him being gone. He wont be here for Makenna's 1st birthday so we will just have to have a skype date on her actual birthday so he can watch her eat her cake and blow out her candle. Then he will miss Nevaeh's 3rd birthday the very first birthday he will miss with her. (I'm not trying to make this sound depressing but it does make you think a bit...Thank goodness we have a birthday every year so that just means a bigger and better celebration)

Let it be known too that even though its hard I love our life and I am completely content the way that it is. I am lucky to have a husband that does all that he can to make life over here for us as easy as possible. And he does all that he can to talk to us and stay connected. So I don't really mind being mommy and daddy for a year. We have big plans for 2012 and that doesn't stop short at just birthdays we are going to finish this year our great and we are going to top it with 2012. :) Except..I just don't want to be 25. I don't mind staying 24 for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment