Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Best Friend


I must say that I am one lucky lady. Just for the simple fact that William Alfred Feldhahn is not just my husband but the most perfect best friend a wife and/or friend could possibly imagine having. I know, I know ridiculously corny. But its the truth.

7000 miles away and we always manage to be thinking the exact same thing. I'll bring something up or he will and its something we had both been contemplating talking to the other person about. Or we will type the same thing and the exact same time, its just a matter of who pushes enter the fastest. :)

I just feel really lucky because even though he is in Afghanistan and has a million different things to worry about he always takes the time to call, send, a message, just to tell me that he loves me and that he is doing okay. I am very thankful that he has well not necessarily has the time but makes the time to listen if I am having a problem or need to just vent. And that he will instantly try to think of ways to solve the problem. He may not be able to do much other then just listen most of the time and just be supportive but most of the time thats all that I need. I always feel like a completely different person after those conversations, I feel refreshed and ready to take on anything until I need to have another one of those "pep-talks". Some would think that being so far away from a husband or wife would make you grow apart but deployments always seem to bring us closer. The little things that they do at home to help you out that you take for granted when they go away seem to become more vivid and bright and you think "hmm they really did do something important even if it was as simple as taking the garbage to the curb or mowing the lawn". So thank you William for those little things that you do that I take for granted when you are here.

I am one of those lucky wives with the husbands that other wives say I wish mine was more like him. I'm not sure how I managed to snag such a wonderful guy, but I'm very very happy that he is all mine.

Not to mention what an incredible daddy he is! Nevaeh and Makenna are the luckiest little girls to have such a great daddy. And there isn't a day that goes by that we don't talk about daddy and how much we miss him and all the hugs and kisses he is going to get when we see him again.

...Of course us girls are counting the days until he is home.

WAF/Daddy we just love you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment