Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Time


Summer time is by far the favorite season in this house. We are loving every minute that its hot outside. I bought the girls a swimming pool after Billy left and we are taking full advantage of it. Nevaeh is finally getting comfortable enough in it where she doesn't have to hold onto the edge and she will walk right through the middle. (this is a huge accomplishment) Makenna absolutely loves her start floaty and she just splashes around the pool in it. They both love going for walks and just being outside in general. I love that we have the park a block away so Nevaeh can go run around and go on the slide. Makenna enjoys the swing and Nevaeh doesn't like it that much.

So I used to love cutting the grass well I don't so much anymore, especially when I have to cut it 2-3 times a week. It gets to be a jungle in the backyard in just a few days. So that will be a task that I take on this morning. When I just did it on Saturday.

Oh another "job" that I do not enjoy taking the garbage to the curb! The worst part is I forget about it I'm already in bed. So I have to get out of bed and go outside and take it out. So stupid. How we forget the simplest things our husbands do and then when you are stuck doing them yourself. You think hmmm I guess they did do something around the house after all! :)

Another thing we love to do during the summer time is visit the zoo. We are so thankful for grandparents who give awesome birthday presents! We definitely make use of our zoo membership. Its probably one of Nevaeh's favorite places of all time right now. She asks daily to go see animals. She loves the hippos, elephants, she loves the giraffes as long as she doesn't have to feed them and can just watch. She likes the monkey, tiger, and a few others. I swear she knows her way around the zoo better then I do!

Summer Time is by far the favorite season in this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment