Sunday, June 19, 2011

Deployment Number #2 Underway


Three weeks ago yesterday deployment number two began.
Billy left for Afghanistan on Saturday, May 28th.
What an awful day it was, we all had a great day together and we made sure to take a family picture before he left. (Which is the picture above)
The day sort of dragged along but at the same time the hours just ticked on by. It was inevitable that we were soon going to be saying goodbye. I suck at goodbyes plain and simple. But honestly who wants to say goodbye to their husband and father of their children for an entire year?
Its probably one of the hardest moments I have had to experience, and I know each one is going to get harder and harder. People who don't live this lifestyle don't really understand how difficult it really is. After you say goodbye and watch him walk away for a year, you then have to muster whatever strength you have left to drive away.
I didn't drive away for a while, I waited and waited and then I waited some more.
I waited until there were only a few guys left to have their name called to go inside for lockdown. Do you know how hard it is then to go home, put your kids to bed alone and then you yourself crawl into bed without your husband. I cried myself to sleep which took a while.
I think the worst part is not knowing.
Not knowing where he is or when you will hear from him to just know he made it ok.
Thankfully I did receive a phone call on their stop in Maine and then once he arrived in Manas we were actually able to Facetime a couple times. One of the best moments was just seeing his face. We may have only talked for a few minutes but just to be able to see him maybe everything worth while. The next time after that I heard from him when he arrived at Kandahar Air Field. He sent me a message letting me know he had made it, and I also talked to him on the phone once or twice. I can't remember exactly how many times but I think it was two.
After that he made it to his final destination and thankfully they do have internet and phones so we do get to talk every few days. We even get to skype!! And that is huge considering where he is located. (we like this a lot!!) The girls love being able to see daddy, and of course I do too. Even if we don't have much to talk about its just the fact that you can see the other person. I just like it because I can see for myself that he is ok. He may look exhausted and yawn every few minutes because he is working his butt off, but he stays there talking to us. (thank you WAF for that we appreciate it, and it means the world to us that instead of sleeping or doing whatever you are there talking to us)
So right now its just the girls and I trying to live day by day. Trying to stay busy and make these days go by. Of course its easier said then done. We have gotten into a decent routine and things are sort of starting to get back to "normal". Well normal as can be when your husband/daddy is thousands of miles away fighting in a war not knowing what even the next few minutes could bring. But we are getting by and we are taking as many pictures and videos to make sure he doesn't miss a single moment. And thats why I have decided to start blogging again. So he gets another view of whats going on and these memories can later on be shared with our girls. And they can see even though daddy was gone he was still here and thought about every single day.

So much as happened in these past 3 weeks. In the next post I will catch everyone up on what has been going on in our lives, post some pictures, and videos.

Get ready for one crazy ride. Because it never get boring when you have two little girls and one husband across the world!

"Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."

William Alfred/Daddy,
The 3 of us miss you more then any words could ever accurately describe.
We don't want you to worry about us.
We just want you to worry about your task at hand and know that we are doing just fine,
other then missing the 1/4 that helps make us whole.
We just want you to stay safe and keep the others around you safe as well, they have families too and everyone deserves to make it home.
We love you always and forever,
Danyelle Nevaeh and Makenna
Your 3 girls the 3/4 to your 1/4 your whole

No comments:

Post a Comment