Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I'm Back!


Well its definitely been longer then planned for me to stay away from writing here. But, then again once in a while life gets in the way and there are other priorities that become far more important. And lets recap on those things...

1. Billy came home from Afghanistan (thank goodness)

2. Little Miss Lexie Carson was born (8/07/12)

So life has been extremely busy from us reconnecting as a family and then adding another member. It has been amazing (almost) 4 months. I'm not even sure how to put into words how fantastic its been. I felt complete and whole again with having Billy home and safe. The girls are (were) so very happy to have daddy home. I use past tense because unfortunately this morning we had to drop Billy off at the airport so he could head to drill school in South Carolina (Ft. Jackson). It sucks because it feels as though we just got him home for him to turn around and leave for 9 weeks. Its especially hard for me because my body is still getting back to normal as far as having Lexie so I'm still quite emotional and sensitive about a lot of things. And Lexie is only 5 weeks old (as of yesterday) so for her daddy to turn around and leave as such a early stage of her life really hits me hard. Now I get to do it all on my own again and this time its with 3 instead of 2. But like I was saying life is great we have had so much fun lately and both girls are growing like crazy. Everyday is something new with them. Billy and I are constantly on our toes and always laughing at their silly antics. I really don't know where to begin with them, I suppose I will have to really think about it and get back to them. The one thing that I do know is they are the sunshine to my life and bring complete happiness and joy. They are the best big sisters so loving, caring, and just plain excited about having Lexie in their lives. So very thankful that it was such an easy, smooth transition and we have had zero issues (except for the fact they may be a little to helpful in the picking her up department and we are working on trying to get them to understand that even though Lexie may be small like their dolls she can't be picked up and moved around like them).

We really have it good right now minus the fact that Billy is gone. But we just keep telling one another that its just the first step towards a new chapter in our family. We are extremely excited but to be honest hating the fact that he had to leave for so long already. The girls and I are very supportive and proud of him no matter what may happen along the way. We will be counting down until he is home thats for sure!

Lexie is the last puzzle piece in our family and she really does make us complete. She is such a good baby and so easy to take care of. Very thankful for that. She is such a combination of looks from all 4 of us really. Now to just watch her grow and see her personality take shape. Thank goodness she has to awesome big sisters to watch, learn, and grow with!

Our life is a constant ever changing journey. It has its ups, downs and in between moments. It is always harder when I have to do it all alone but with all the love and support from my husband (family & friends) it does make it a lot more easier. There are so many adventures, memories, and special moments ahead and I am looking forward to sharing more of our journey with everyone.

xo,

Danyelle

No comments:

Post a Comment