Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Where did this past year go?






It feels just like yesterday that I was at my pre-op appointment getting ready for Makenna's arrival. Little did I know that very morning I would gradually begin going into labor and by that afternoon everything just sort of took off...And by 8pm she is born and I am out of surgery. Its just all so crazy to think about. She is not my little baby anymore, she is turning into my crazy little toddler who is ALWAYS moving and on the go. But, she love love loves to cuddle and have mommy hold her. I love that both girls are like that, they don't mind the hugs and kisses and cuddles. We can thank daddy for smothering them in those so now its just 2nd nature for them to constantly give all the loves and cuddles. (I'm not complaining one bit about that) I can't believe she is 1 and walking. She gets into everything!!

Hmm her favorite things are the garbage, giving Maddy treats, listening to music and dancing (she loves twinkle twinkle little star, 5 little monkeys, and anything britney spears! haha I love it) She just dances and makes her little singing noises. So much fun to watch. She loves going for walks, playing outside with chalk and the rocks. She has to have anything Nevaeh has in her hand at that time. She is the easiest little thing to feed in the sense she is a garbage disposal and whatever you give her she will eat. Which makes me very happy because I don't need 2 extremely picky eaters! Makenna loves to get on skype and talk with daddy, grandma, grandpa, uncle gunky, holly bear, and kobe and without a doubt a very close 2nd. She enjoys sharing her food and "bas" with them. Her favorite thing though is giving daddy kisses. She just smiles and giggles the entire time. She is going to have no problems when he comes home. :)

She really doesn't have a favorite toy, hopefully the fun stuff we got her for her birthday will change that though! (fingers are crossed) She needs a distraction away from the garbage, toilet paper, and random things like that.

I can honestly say that I was super bummed that Billy and I weren't together for our Anniversary yesterday. But I am extremely sad that he wont be here to celebrate her 1st birthday. She is without a doubt a daddy's girl and I truly think that is a cause of her recent sleep issues. Tomorrow is going to be a fabulous but rather sad day. Fingers crossed that everything goes how it supposed to and the computer will bring us together for an amazing skype date to celebrate Makenna Skylar's First Birthday. Daddy, cake, presents how can it get any better besides him being right here with us? We definitely take what we can get.

Plenty of pictures and videos will be posted at some point.

Kenna baby..Daddy, Mommy, and Nevaeh love you so very much. You have brought so much joy and laughter into this family and we don't know what we would do without you. Without a doubt the most amazing Christmas gift we could ever ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment